Need an Agent
The optimism and excitement for second home ownership within the area surrounding Eagle Point has been well earned.
During winter, from 2015 – 2017, the resort experienced a 68% increase in resort visits; 73% of skier visits from beyond Utah. Summer recreational activities at the resort and surrounding area are transforming the area into a year-round destination as well.
Other encouraging factors for investing in the area include:
• Due to favorable tax situations, Utah (and southern Utah in particular) is proving to be a desirable location for retirees to permanently retire, or purchase a second home. Other appeals include the mild summer climate, abundant national parks, and considerably low crime rates.
• A getaway location who’s popularity and recent boom can, in part, be attributed to southern Utah’s unique demographic curve. In 1980 St. George proper had a population of 11,350. In 1990 it more than doubled to 28,502. In 2000 the population had nearly doubled again to 49,728. In 2010 the population had reached 72,897. The entire St. George metro area (St. George, Washington City, Santa Clara and Ivins) in 2014 registered at 151,948. Cedar City has seen similar growth rates: 10,972 residents in 1980, 13,443 residents in 1990, 20, 527 residents in 2000 and 28,184 residents in the 2010 census.
• Additionally, Cedar City’s Southern Utah University just admitted its largest freshman class ever in 2016, and Dixit State University in St. George is reporting a 5%/year annual increase in student admissions.
• Located at 10,000 feet, significantly less exposure to the potential effects of global warming which has put the long term future of many resorts in peril, particularly most in California and others across the west below 7,000 feet.
• Ownership of the actual land that the ski resort operates on, and over one thousand acres of land around the resort. This limits the interference by federal bureaucracies that most resorts contend with as they operate based on leases from the national forest service and other complicated rubrics. The area high above Beaver will always maintain a sound balance with nature.
We’re ready when you are ready to buy. We’re also ready to just talk if you are not ready yet.